Music is an excellent tool for stimulating cognitive growth in infants, as well as speech development. It also offers an opportunity for baby to bond with a caregiver. One of the best ways to accomplish all of these things is to sing to your baby, and an lullaby is a great option. You may have family lullabies, which are a great choice. If not, and if you don’t know any other lullabies, it is quite easy to find one to learn. Remember that baby loves live voices most (especially those baby knows!) so put away the stereo and sing!
Here are some Chinese selections, in Mandarin and Cantonese. Do you know of others? Leave a comment below!
Yao Yah Yao (Mandarin)
Yue er ming (Mandarin)
Purple Bamboo/ Cantonese Lullabies (medley)
Yeut gwong gwong (Cantonese)
- Lullabies to sing to your baby: Italian
- Lullabies to sing to your baby: Spanish
- Lullabies to sing to your baby: Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Lullabies to sing to your baby: French
- Lullabies to sing to your baby (English)